Watch this video of KJ's explaining the
Best Seat in the House project.
BETTER THAN FRONT ROW!
Place your bid for the Best Seat In The House
While sitting in a convention auditorium watching a contest, have you ever had these thoughts?
If so, then the Society's Best Seat In The House program is for you.
The Harmony Foundation and the Contest & Judging program are teaming up to
auction off a single seat at each & every contest session,
including Division, District, Prelims, Mid-Winter and International.
So if you’ve ever wanted to test out your judging chops,
you can bid on a seat in the Judge’s pit at your District Contest and be a ‘Judge for a Day’.
- "My scores usually track with those of the official panel. I wonder how I'm doing today";
- "I plan to apply this fall to become a judge -- it would be great if I could do a practice judging session somewhere to
ensure that it's the right path for my barbershop future";
- or simply, "It sure would be fun to judge an International contest!"
Each contest session has a minimum opening bid and minimum incremental raises.
Funds received go to Harmony Foundation International or SingCanada to help defray the expenses for such
efforts as the Collegiate Quartet Contest, Youth Chorus Festival, Youth Harmony Workshops, Harmony Explosion Camps,
and Harmony University Scholarships for Music Educators.
What do I get for my bid?
- A great seat in the judging area for your selected contest session.
- A special guest judge name tag.
- A complete set of judging and scoring forms for your selected judging category.
- Following the convention, a chart showing your scores compared to the official panel members in your selected judging category.
- An invitation to join the official panel at all meals and snacks at intermissions associated with your selected contest session.
- The chance to sit in and observe the evaluations sessions after the contest.
- A great opportunity to interface with the official panel members, which could possibly provide you with new references if you plan to apply for the judging program.
Bid for a seat now! Start by Logging in Here